School Immunisation Administrator
We usually respond within three days
Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Are you enthusiastic and outgoing and would love to work with children? Are you looking to work close to home? If yes, we would love to hear from you.
Vaccination UK, part of European Lifecare Group are looking for multiple administrators who can provide a comprehensive administrative role within a school setting. You will support the delivery of school or community-based immunisation sessions in the Tower Hamlets & Hackney areas.
We offer competitive rates of pay, in house paid for training, paid mileage (if you use your car) and a friendly and supportive working environment. This role will help you acquire new skills and will expand your administration knowledge.
As part of the team, the focus of the role is to assist in the day to day running of the school immunisation programme. Duties will include:
- Attending primary and secondary schools alongside nurses to coordinate the immunisation sessions.
- Handling telephone calls from parents/careers, communicating with schools and team members.
- Collecting equipment, vaccines and paperwork from office to school.
- Coordinating the operation of the immunisation session in line with company policy and procedures, ensuring nursing staff can work safely and efficiently.
- Be a proactive worker, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Collate data and figures at the end of each school session and report this to the Immunisation Coordinator and/or their appointed person.
- Liaising with and assisting the Immunisation Coordinator to ensure targets are achieved.
- Collating information together with school staff and VUK’s nursing team, ensuring children are correctly recorded as receiving immunisation.
- Participate positively in regular team meetings organized by the Immunisation Coordinator or Senior Management.
Due to the community nature of our services driving and access to a car would be ideal however we also consider candidates who do not drive.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, and mandatory training.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate team working.
- Good knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Teams.
- Excellent record keeping and organisation skills.
- Experience of working in a community setting and/or working with children & young people.
- Adaptable to new situations
- Ability to work accurately and with good attention to detail.
We require you to complete mandatory training before you join. This will include, Safeguarding for Children, BLS, Anaphylaxis, Infection Control and Immunisation Training. Training is provided in house and we remunerate our staff when attending.
We also require all school immunisation staff to show evidence of immunity to hepatitis B, chicken pox, measles, mumps and rubella immunity prior to commencing work with us.
Contract type: Fixed Term, Full time 37.5 hours/week. This role will have an end date 31st December.
Pay rate: £12.50 per hour
- Public Vaccinations
- Immunisation Assistant
- UK - School Immunisation Office - Tower Hamlets & Hackney
- Hourly salary
- Employment type
- Employment Type
UK - School Immunisation Office - Tower Hamlets & Hackney
Our mission is to fight disease and save lives by making prevention and treatment easy, accessible and safe.
About European LifeCare Group
European LifeCare Group is one of Europe's largest independent provider of travel clinics and public vaccination programmes.
Founded in 1998, today European LifeCare Group has specialist clinics covering most of Denmark and the UK, where the company trades under a number of brands, including Danske Lægers Vaccinations Service, Vaccination UK, London Travel Clinic and Citydoc.
European LifeCare Group also works for both the Danish and English National Health Service as a contracted service provider of immunisation programmes in schools and national influenza vaccination programmes.
School Immunisation Administrator
Loading application form
Already working at European LifeCare Group?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.