CityDoc, part of European Lifecare Group are currently seeking a registered Nurse with Travel Health experience for part time hours in our flagship travel clinic in Hove.
Headquartered in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, alongside our sister company Vaccination UK, CityDoc operates 10 stand-alone specialist vaccination clinics in London and the South East. We also provide a nationwide network of ‘in-pharmacy’ clinics with specially trained pharmacists providing a wide range of travel vaccination services including yellow fever, along with anti-malarials and travel health accessories
CityDoc also provides a doctor-led sexual health screening service alongside other specialist tests through our clinics, specialist pharmacies and our website for home-testing.
The focus of the role is on the delivery of evidence-based care for patients
presenting with travel screening requirements, with the emphasis in preventing related infections and tropical illnesses. Our nurses will undertake travel risk assessments and administer vaccinations and antimalarial chemoprophylaxis. Candidates with strong experience in travel vaccinations will stand out. We will also be able to provide some additional training on travel immunisations in house thus upskilling the right candidate.
This is great opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in travel preventative medicine. The candidates likely to succeed are able to demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and co-operation, and maintain high levels of competence, judgement, integrity and personal and professional accountability.
- In house training and upskilling on travel immunisations
- Part-time hours
- Competitive rates of £20 - £22 per hour depending on experience.
- Provide an effective and competent level of travel care and be accountable for assessment, planning, implementation, auditing and evaluation of travel health care.
- Proactively identify and manage treatment plans and vaccination schedules for
patients at risk of developing travel related conditions as appropriate.
- Work with other health care professionals to monitor, manage and treat patients
in line with national and local policies and practice needs.
• Advise, support and administer vaccinations where appropriate for patients pre and post-travel.
• Carrying out agreed audits, writing appropriate reports and making
recommendations on findings.
• Accessing computer-based information either on the web or shared databases.
Week 1 - Mon 9-5 (8hrs) Tue 9-5 (8hrs) Thurs 9-5 (8hrs)
Week 2 - Mon 9-5 (8hrs) Tue 9-5(8hrs) Saturday 9-1(4hrs)
It is essential that applicants for this role hold a current valid NMC registration and already posess the right the live and work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visa candidates.