Are you a Registered Health Professional? Do you have an interest in working in a community or school environment? Are you looking for a flexible contract close to home? We would love to hear from you if you are a:
- Nurse and midwive registered with the Nursery and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Pharmacist registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Paramedic or physiotherapist registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Vaccination UK, part of European Life Care Group is looking for motivated, enthusiastic Health Professionals to deliver the school aged immunisation programme in and around the Walsall area. We will aim to place you in an area closest to where you live, however a degree of flexibility is required. You will ideally have experience working with young people and delivering immunisations, however training will be provided. You will work both autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Competitive rates of pay £15.85/hour +holiday pay
- Bank Contracts offering flexible opportunities to fit around your lifestyle
- Term Time Only
- Opportunity for additional hours and ongoing work
- Good working hours to fit around school Mon to Fri, 8.30am to 3.30pm
- 5.6 weeks holiday pro rata
- Paid Mileage
The focus of the role is to promote and support the health of school aged children via the delivery of the School Aged Immunisation Service . Our services are primarily delivered on-site in schools for children of primary and secondary age, however, we also deliver these immunisations in community clinic settings.
You will demonstrate clinical expertise and governance in all aspects of the service including safeguarding children whilst being supported by robust organisational supervision, guidelines and policies.
Experience of vaccinations is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
Due to the community nature of our services driving is essential and you must have access to a car.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitating and implementing the School Aged Immunisation Service.
- Delivery of a safe immunisation service for school age children to meet the contract KPIs.
- Assisting to influence and facilitate change within the setting and service areas.
- To undertake Gillick Competency Assessment for relevant pupils according to VUK policy and advise and immunise these pupils accordingly, in order to ensure that they are protected in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively and facilitate collaboration between the school aged immunisation team, schools and other educational institutions and families in the planning and delivery of the school aged immunisation programme.
- Promote and deliver the childhood immunisation programme by assessing young people and understanding the pre-requisites of giving an immunisation, understanding the contra-indications and the aftercare
- Assist in the planning, delivery and evaluation of health promotion / education and public health activities. related to the Childhood Immunisation campaign, in conjunction with the Immunisation Coordinator and Senior Immunisation Nurse.
- To work autonomously and as part of a team as necessary
- The provision of advice regarding immunisations to individuals, parents and carers, colleagues and associated services.
- Provide support to the relevant clinical networks and strategic immunisation groups if requested by senior management.
This post is subject to all mandatory training being completed prior to starting. This includes Safeguarding for Children, BLS, Anaphylaxis and Infection Control. We provide training in house and we pay employees for taking part.
We require all clinical staff to show evidence of immunity to hepatitis B, varicella, measles, mumps and rubella immunity prior to commencing work with us.
Vaccination UK, as a provider of NHS services to the community, promotes and encourages our employees to be vaccinated against Covid19 prior to employment in order to protect themselves and our service users.
- Experience working with children & young people, in particular those with a Practice Nurse, school nurse or community health background.
- Experience of child immunisation
- Full registration with the NMC, GPhC, GDC or the HCPC. We can accept any Registered Health Professionals such as Nurses, Midwives, Health Visitors, Paramedics or Pharmacists.
- Must hold a UK driving license and have access to a car that can be used for business purposes
Please note we can only progress applications from candidates who have the right to live and work in the UK.