Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Do you have experience working with children in an admin role? Are you looking to work close to home? If yes, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced administrator who can work under pressure, has great attention to detail and can provide a comprehensive administrative role within a school setting. You will be placed in an area closest to where you live however a degree of flexibility is required. Our office is in Wymondham but we visit school in the surrounding area.
We offer competitive rates of pay, 5.6 weeks holiday, paid mileage and a friendly and supportive working environment.
As part of the team, the focus of the role is to assist in the day to day running of the school immunisation programme. Duties will include handling telephone calls from parents/careers, communicating with schools, team members collecting and transporting vaccines/equipment.
You will have a key role in co-ordinating and scheduling the annual immunisation programme and will liaise with a wide variety of people.
Driving is an integral part of this post and is essential in order to perform the role. You will be expected to deliver and collect consent forms to schools and drive equipment and/or staff to schools as required. It is therefore a requirement for you to hold a driving licence, have access to a car and have a good geographical understanding of the area.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, and mandatory training.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Be a proactive worker, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Assist in the organising of school sessions, adding amendments to the calendar and notifying changes to the Immunisation Coordinator.
- Assist in triaging process in line with Immunisation Standard Operating Procedure
- Reporting low vaccine stock to maintain appropriate levels, checking expiry dates, and recording wastage.
- Assist in the management of filing systems, keeping accurate records, and ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
- Assist in delivery and collection of consent forms for schools, collating information, obtaining missing information on consent forms and organise ready for triage.
- Coordinating the operation of the immunisation session in line with company policy and procedures.
- Collecting equipment, vaccines and paperwork from office to school.
- Collating information together with school staff and VUK’s nursing team, ensuring children are correctly recorded as receiving immunisation.
- Collate data and figures to report the Immunisation Coordinator.
- Participate positively in regular team meetings organized by the Immunisation Coordinator or Senior Management.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate team working.
- Proficiency in excel and other offices packages
- Excellent record keeping and organisation skills.
- Experience of working in a community setting and/or working with children & young people.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to work accurately and with good attention to detail.
We require you to complete mandatory training before you join. This will include, Safeguarding for Children, BLS, Anaphylaxis, Infection Control and Immunisation Training.
We also require all school immunisation staff to show evidence of immunity to hepatitis B, chicken pox, measles, mumps and rubella immunity prior to commencing work with us.
Must hold a UK driving license and have access to a car that can be used for business purposes.
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract
Pay rate: £10.50 per hour